Wednesday, July 18, 2012

NYC-July 2001

Six weeks before 9-11, my dad and I went to New York City. It had been nine years since I had been there; I loved every minute of it.
The Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center. We stayed at the Marriot next to the WTC which was destroyed on 9-11.






Times Square Day & Night

Times Square Street Preachers


Broadway


We went to the New York Stock Exchange.


Me at Rockafeller Center


We also went to The Today Show


where we saw Niel Diamond.



Me at FAO Schwartz


The Metropolitan Museum

Washington Crossing the Delaware


Rembrandt Self Portrait


The Egyptian Room


Tiffany Glass



Antique Furniture


Inside the museum



We went to South Street Seaport where I took this picture of The Brooklyn Bridge.


Dad and I



Inside the main Building at Ellis Island



Little Italy-I believe on Mulberry Street


Dad and I shared a pizza at Lombardi's-the first pizza place in America.


Chinatown on Canal Street




Chinese Fish Market




Chinatown on Canal Street


Grand Ave. in the Bronx- my father grew up in an apartment on this street.


Fordham Rd., Bronx-my grandmother worked in a restaurant for twelve years at what is now a Taco Bell.


The Elementary School where my father attended as a child.


Bottom floor apartment in the Bronx where my father lived with his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment